Buying a new truck in 2016 can seem like a bit of a gamble. While reliability and horsepower have generally gone up, so has the average price of a new vehicle. For this reason, drivers are more careful than ever about choosing the right model for their trucking needs, and a few of the big companies have released some very good models this year.
Top Five Trucks For The Year 2016
• Chevrolet Silverado – This full-size pickup consistently tops lists for its no-nonsense design, heavy-duty capabilities and reliability. Unlike many other vehicles in the 2016 pickup truck category, Chevrolet has avoided focusing on comfort luxury options and accessories and, instead, decided to focus on releasing an easy-handling high-power full-size pickup truck.
The Silverado comes with a 4.3-liter V-6 engine that offers 305 pounds-per-foot of torque. It also features a 24 mpg highway fuel economy rating, which nobody is likely to complain about.
• Ford F-150 – “Built Ford Tough” is what they say, and this has rarely been demonstrated more aptly than it has with the new F-150. Using aluminum to increase chassis strength while reducing the weight of the vehicle by 700 pounds, the new F-150 offers a lighter, better handling and more powerful experience than last year’s model.
The bottom-line engine is a 3.5- liter V-6, but this can be upgraded up to a 5.0-liter V-8, or a number of a EcoBoost engines as well.
• GMC Sierra 1500 – GMC’s flagship pickup has been completely updated for 2016, and offers greater muscle, more comfortable styling and a higher value for its price than its predecessor. The Sierra is often compared to the Silverado and rightly, since GMC is the parent company of Chevrolet and is responsible for both models being released to the public.
The Sierra features an improved 4.3-liter V-6 base engine that offers 305 pounds-per-foot of torque, along with a 24-mpg high fuel economy rating.
• Toyota Tacoma – Not enough good things can be said of the Toyota Tacoma. The only compact pickup on this list, the Toyota Tacoma makes it thanks to its well-deserved place as the top compact on the modern market. The Tacoma has always been one of the most reliable cars on the road, and the 2016 version is no disappointment.
A 159-horsepower, 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine comes standard with this compact pickup truck, but a 236-horsepower 4.0-liter V-6 can be configured as well.
• Dodge Ram 1500 – The full-size Dodge Ram has long been considered one of the most dependable trucks on the road. The 2016 model maintains this reputation and adds in a more refined and powerful ride. The new Dodge ram has vastly increased electronics and comfort options that set it apart from the usual pickup truck fare.
With a powerful 305-horsepower V-6 engine coming standard, the Dodge Ram is ready for just about anything you are likely to throw in its way. It can also be configured to a Hemi V-8 or diesel engine with ease.